The standard LVDT displacement sensor sits right in the middle of our range with its Ø20.6mm body and broad selection of measuring ranges from 0-1mm right up to 0-1000mm. It is an excellent general purpose unit suited to applications in relatively benign environments such as laboratories, training rooms, within closed systems or machinery and in clean/dry production and testing areas.
The standard LVDT displacement sensor has a moving core which is not in contact with the internal components giving it a very long life and high reliability.
It comes with a variety of configuration options to suit your exact requirement such as rod ends, core only, guided core, various output options and cable lengths. For the full list of configuration options please see the part builder below, where you can have instant pricing and lead times for your tailored LVDT.
Wide Variety of Options for the Standard LVDT Displacement Sensor
The AML/E series LVDT is available with AC mv/V or DC/DC output signals. DC/DC is the most commonly used, as the signal conditioner is built into the LVDT body giving a self-contained sensor. Outputs available are +/-2.5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc and 4-20mA, all are 3-wire format. If a shorter bodied LVDT is required a compact in-line DC in/DC out signal conditioner is available (see gallery image above) which can provide a 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA output signal.
For high temperature measurements above +70ºC, a high temperature version of the LVDT is offered rated to +150ºC. This version cannot have a signal conditioner fitted internally and so it is mounted in-line on the LVDT’s cable and must be located where temperatures will not exceed +70ºC.
The standard LVDT displacement sensor is constructed from stainless steel and have a protection rating of IP54 offering limited dust ingress and water spray. If you need a more robust displacement sensor with a higher protection sealing, we can offer industrial LVDTs which has a standard IP65 total dust ingress and low pressure water jets protection, with IP68 long term immersion protection as an option.
In addition, if you require a smaller displacement sensor try our miniature LVDT displacement sensor which has a Ø9.5mm stainless steel body with stroke ranges from ±0.25mm to ±50mm.
Digital Displays/Indicators for the Standard LVDT Displacement Sensor
We can supply the standard LVDT displacement sensor with the intuitive4 series of digital indicators. These are 6 digit LED displays offering high precision and outstanding accuracy thanks to their 10 point linearisation and excellent resolution. Two versions are available: the configurable modular intuitive4 and the simple low cost lvdt indicator . This ‘lite’ version offers no additional plug-in options but still maintains the same superior resolution and accuracy.
Our standard displacement sensor is available in 5 different mechanical configurations:
- Core Only - Suited to OEM applications where an extension rod or connection point already exists.
- Un-Guided Core & Extension Rod - Suited to applications where you wish to physically attach the LVDT’s plunger to the moving point that you need to measure.
- Guided Core & Extension Rod - Suited to applications where attachment to the measuring point is required, but the measuring point cannot support the weight of the core and extension, or where it cannot provide ideal axial guidance.
- Spring Loaded Core & Extension Rod with Ball-Tip (±100mm max range) - Suited to applications where the piece to be measured can’t always be in contact with the LVDT plunger, or where physical attachment of the LVDT plunger to the test piece is not possible.
- Rod-End Bearings (with Guided Core) - Ideal for cylinder measurement applications and situations where fixing the sensor at either end is preferred to clamping the LVDT body.
As with all our LVDT type position sensors, the sensing principle is contactless which makes it an extremely robust, long-lived sensor. We can also provide customisation to suit your application so please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities in your particular application.
See our full range of LVDT sensors.
Customise this product using the dropdown menus and find the price, lead time and ordering code below.
Cable Exit Direction
Cable Length (other lengths available on request)
Email us at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)118 981 7339 to order now.
This sensor is suitable for use with the following instrumentation: