The standard series LVDT displacement sensor sits right in the middle of our range with its Ø20.6mm body and broad selection of measuring ranges from 0-1mm right up to 0-1000mm. It is an excellent general purpose unit suited to applications in relatively benign environments such as laboratories, training rooms, within closed systems or machinery and in clean/dry production and testing areas.
The AML/E series LVDT is available with AC mv/V or DC/DC output signals. DC/DC is the most commonly used, as the signal conditioner is built into the LVDT body giving a self-contained sensor. Outputs available are +/-2.5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc and 4-20mA, all are 3-wire format. If a shorter bodied LVDT is required a compact in-line DC in/DC out signal conditioner is available (see gallery image above) which can provide a 0-5Vdc, 0-10Vdc or 4-20mA output signal.
For high temperature measurements above +70ºC, a high temperature version of the LVDT is offered rated to +150ºC. This version cannot have a signal conditioner fitted internally and so it is mounted in-line on the LVDT’s cable and must be located where temperatures will not exceed +70ºC.
Our standard displacement sensor is available in 5 different mechanical configurations:
- Core Only - Suited to OEM applications where an extension rod or connection point already exists.
- Un-Guided Core & Extension Rod - Suited to applications where you wish to physically attach the LVDT’s plunger to the moving point that you need to measure.
- Guided Core & Extension Rod - Suited to applications where attachment to the measuring point is required, but the measuring point cannot support the weight of the core and extension, or where it cannot provide ideal axial guidance.
- Spring Loaded Core & Extension Rod with Ball-Tip (±100mm max range) - Suited to applications where the piece to be measured can’t always be in contact with the LVDT plunger, or where physical attachment of the LVDT plunger to the test piece is not possible.
- Rod-End Bearings (with Guided Core) - Ideal for cylinder measurement applications and situations where fixing the sensor at either end is preferred to clamping the LVDT body.
As with all our LVDT type position sensors, the sensing principle is contactless which makes it an extremely robust, long-lived sensor. We can also provide customisation to suit your application so please contact us if you would like to discuss the possibilities in your particular application.
See our full range of LVDT sensors.
Customise this product using the dropdown menus and find the price, lead time and ordering code below.
Cable Exit Direction
Cable Length (other lengths available on request)
Email us at [email protected] or call us on +44 (0)118 981 7339 to order now.
This sensor is suitable for use with the following instrumentation: